Mariah Carey Announces the Tragic Passing of Her Mother Patricia and Sister Alison on the Same Day: "My Heart Is Broken" (Exclusive)

 Mariah Carey Announces the Tragic Passing of Her Mother Patricia and Sister Alison on the Same Day: "My Heart Is Broken" (Exclusive)



Mariah Carey’s mother, Patricia, and her sister, Alison, both passed away on the same day over the weekend, as confirmed by PEOPLE.

In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, the 55-year-old Grammy-winning singer shared, “My heart is shattered by the loss of my mother this past weekend. Tragically, my sister also passed away on the same day.”

Mariah continued, “I feel fortunate to have spent the last week with my mother before she passed. I am grateful for everyone’s love and support, and I ask for respect for my privacy during this incredibly difficult time.”

At this moment, no additional information about the causes of Patricia and Alison’s deaths has been released.

Patricia, who was once married to Alfred Roy Carey, was a trained opera singer from Juilliard and a vocal coach. She and Alfred had Alison, Mariah, and a son named Morgan before their divorce when Mariah was just 3 years old.

Mariah’s relationship with her mother, from whom she inherited her vocal abilities, was known to be complex throughout her life.

In her 2020 memoir, The Meaning of Mariah Carey, Mariah described her relationship with her mother as a journey filled with contradictions and mixed emotions. She wrote, “Much like many aspects of my life, my relationship with my mother has been marked by a spectrum of feelings rather than a simple black-and-white dichotomy. It has been a kaleidoscope of emotions.”

She further elaborated, “Our relationship is a tangled mix of pride, pain, shame, gratitude, jealousy, admiration, and disappointment. A complex love binds my heart to my mother’s.”

Despite the ups and downs, Mariah Carey maintained a relationship with her mother. In 2010, they reunited for ABC’s Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas to You special, where they performed a heartwarming mother-daughter duet of “O Come All Ye Faithful/Hallelujah Chorus.”

Mariah also honored her mother in her memoir, writing, “And to Pat, my mother, who, despite everything, I truly believe did her best. I will love you with all my heart, always.”

Mariah’s relationship with her sister Alison was similarly intricate. In her memoir, Mariah reflected that it was, at that time, “emotionally and physically safer for me not to have any contact” with Alison or their brother Morgan.

Mariah Carey Announces the Tragic Passing of Her Mother Patricia and Sister Alison on the Same Day: "My Heart Is Broken" (Exclusive) Mariah Carey Announces the Tragic Passing of Her Mother Patricia and Sister Alison on the Same Day: "My Heart Is Broken" (Exclusive) Reviewed by Unknown on August 27, 2024 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.