Grandma’s Easy Banana Bread

You will love my Grandma’s tried and true (and EASY!) banana bread recipe that is a classic favorite!  Perfectly sweet, moist and full of delicious banana flavor! 
What a beautiful SNOWY weekend we had up here in Northern Virginia!  I don’t know about you, but a lazy snowy Sunday always puts me in the mood to bake and since my bananas we perfectly ripened I thought it’d be the perfect time to make this banana bread.

This has been one of my favorite recipes since I can remember and I have to give my Grandma ALL the credit.  She literally makes the best banana bread (among her many talents) and it was always a staple in her home when I was growing up.  This recipe is literally SO easy to make and the bread comes out incredibly moist which is why I love it so much!  Now for the disclaimer.  This of course isn’t the healthiest recipe, but hey all things should be eaten in moderation anyway, right??  I’ve tried modifying this recipe several times to make it a bit healthier, but it just never comes out the same so I wanted you all to have the original recipe 🙂

Plus isn’t good to just have a staple bread recipe in your arsenal that you can whip out when you want to impress friends and family??  Trust me this is definitely it.  Now there are plenty of healthier options on my blog, like this zucchini bread or even this pumpkin bread, so if you’re sitting there frustrated that this recipe contains butter and sugar, you are MORE than welcome to move on to my other recipes.  This classic favorite is just too good not to share with you all!

The great thing is this batter makes one large loaf or three mini loaves, depending on what you prefer.  I ended up doubling this recipe so we’d have one loaf for our home and made three mini ones to give to our neighbors since all of us seem to be stuck inside on this snow day.  It’s the perfect little indulgence that is much-appreciated on cozy weekends and feel free to make this recipe all your own by adding chopped walnuts, pecans or even chocolate chips!

Let me know below if you end up making this banana bread recipe and please tell me what you think!  I’ve had this recipe on the blog for over 7 years (wow has it really been almost 8 years already?!), but I wanted to update it with better, more drool-worthy photos 😉  Enjoy everyone!

Grandma’s Easy Banana Bread
 
Serves: 12 servings
Ingredients
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ½ cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a stand mixer, or hand held, mix together softened butter and sugar until well combined. Then add in eggs and mix well. Next add in vanilla, sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and mashed bananas then, while the mixer is on, slowly add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix slowly until completely combined, scraping the sides and the bottom.
  3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or pans). If using one 9x5 loaf pan, bake bread for about one hour. If using three mini loaf pans, bake bread for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  4. Let the bread sit for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 slice • Calories: 218 • Fat: 8.5 g • Saturated Fat: 5.1 g • Carbs: 32.7 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 3.7 g • Sugar: 19.4 g • WW Freestyle Points: 9

The post Grandma’s Easy Banana Bread appeared first on Eat Yourself Skinny.



from Eat Yourself Skinny http://bit.ly/2FvLegS
via IFTTT
Grandma’s Easy Banana Bread Grandma’s Easy Banana Bread Reviewed by Unknown on January 13, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.